Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Two Weekends in Minneapolis

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Have you ever traveled somewhere, and it pulls on your heart so much that you think to yourself, yes, I could live here – I never want to leave!

Minneapolis, Chicago, Ireland, and Scotland are four places that have completely captured my heart to the point where I could get up and move there in a heart-beat if given the opportunity. 

Over the years I have realized that when I feel strongly about a place, I get so attached to the point where it leaves me with a great feeling of sadness when it’s time for me to leave. I seem to be at a constant battle with the mysterious, complicated emotion that is nostalgia. Why I can’t be a normal person with normal feelings, I’ll never know.  (:

When I start to get the restless urge to simply hop in my car and go somewhere, I am reminded how fortunate I am to only live 4 short hours from Minneapolis; the city I was born and raised in until around the age of 9. 



Whether it's visiting family for the holidays, seeing friends for the weekend, or even a simple day trip, I take every and any chance I can to make the trek. 

Two weekends ago, my friend Dani and I decided we wanted to get out of town, so we packed our stuff, got in my car, and drove to Minneapolis without any real plan. I'm starting to really enjoy the spur-of-the-moment, impromptu trips. There is something thrilling about not knowing what may happen and having the freedom to make spontaneous decisions. 




You would think that after traveling for four months I would want a break now that I am home…wrong! I guess one weekend in the cities wasn't enough, because four days later I found myself back in my car with a sense of deja vu as I drove the familiar route along I-94. 

I spent the weekend visiting and catching up with my good friends from school; Morgan, Kayla and Garrett.








 We discovered a quaint little lunch spot, explored parts of Minneapolis I've never been to, acted like 5 year olds at Skyzone, challenged ourselves by taking pictures with Kodak disposable cameras, drank a lot of Caribou, and spent our Sunday helping out with photography at Morgan's church.





Until next time, Minneapolis. I'm sure I will be seeing you again shortly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger