Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Think the Way a Traveler Would

Monday, July 7, 2014



Pretend for a minute, that you are looking at something right in front of you, but you’re not seeing it. You twirl around, squint your eyes a little bit, but still you really can't see anything in front of you. You’re puzzled. Stop there and take a step back. Adjust your glasses a bit, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and open them again. Are you seeing it now?

Welcome, my friend, to this vast, magnificent world. 




My adventures, close to home and across the world, have given me the ability to dig deeper and explore further than I could have ever hoped for. Getting lost without a map taught me how to ask for help. Getting stuck at the airport because of bad weather forced me to make the best out of a situation. Having less-than-polite encounters with people built my tolerance and patience. Experiencing the kindness of strangers who went out of their way to help others left me deeply humbled. And exploring cities with different cultures and customs taught me that stereotypes are quite often inaccurate, and that people are all human.




So I ask of you this: open your eyes and think, act and see the way a traveler would. Listen to what others are saying. Take every opportunity for what it is, not just what it looks like. Be eager and curious. Ask questions. Lots of them. Understand that the world is infinitely more complex than anyone knows. Admit your mistakes and express your strengths. Know that everyone has a story worth telling, and everyone has the opportunity to make a change in this world.





Take the risk; let go, leave home, and throw yourself into the great unknown. It will be worth it. I pinky promise. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger