Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Where did the time go?

Wednesday, May 7, 2014


A letter I received from my dad the other day left me the sudden realization that my time here is almost up. One month. Just one month. I have reached the point in the semester where there is more time behind me than before me. It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that there is only a month left until I return to the States. 

You could say it's finally hit me that I am leaving soon. I'm beginning to question myself too much. Have I gone all the places I want to go? Am I using my time wisely? Am I doing well enough in school? Have I learned enough Italian? How am I going to say goodbye to all the friends I have made here? How am I going to adjust to going back to the States?

Like many other study abroad students around me, I’ve had my fair share of “oh my gosh it's almost over” moments (particularly this week). But what I’ve come to realize is that I should be looking forward to what I have planned for the remainder of my time abroad and take advantage of all that’s laid in front of me.

Here's a glimpse into what the next month looks like for me...

-A week and a half of class left.
-Too many finals and projects.
-Too many goodbyes I don't want to say.
-Too much gelato needed to be eaten.
-A visit from my good friend, Morgan!
-A 2 week adventure with Meghan to Ireland, Scotland, and Paris.
-Meeting up with my family in Switzerland and traveling with them for a week!
-Back to Florence one last time...
-Fly home!

Seriously, where did the time go?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger