Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Comfort Zones

Monday, May 12, 2014


In one of my fashion photography classes, our assignment was a little different than normal. We were told to step out from behind the camera and play the role of the model for a day and photograph each other versus a professional model. I was a tad apprehensive about this at first. I have always preferred being behind the camera and tense up when it’s my turn be photographed. That being said, if there is one thing I can take away from my experience studying abroad, it’s that sometimes we need to get out of our comfort zone, even if it means being uncomfortable.

 
  One of the greatest things about study abroad is that it forces you to step out of your comfort zone. Whether that means cooking for the first time, climbing what seems like an insurmountable mountain, or learning the ins and outs of a completely unfamiliar city, study abroad really tests your patience and your persistence.

 I thought I had it all figured out. My mental checklist was complete, my tour guidebooks were packed, and I had exhausted myself with endless Google and Pinterest searches on what this whole study abroad experience was all about.



I have to say that all of these things gave me a great foundation for coming to Florence, but study abroad is an experience you can only have by actually doing it; I can't express this enough. Nothing I read could have prepared me for the wonderful things I have experienced, the cultural and language glitches I've laughed over, and the people here that have impacted me in such a short time. I cannot imagine going through the rest of my academic career without having broadened my scope of the world.

I'm still in disbelief that there is only week left of school. Time goes by much to quick here and I just wish it would slow down! Wish me luck as I spend the next few days buried in finals and packing!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger