Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Words I wish we used more

Thursday, August 22, 2013



I know I've said this before, but sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. I have quite the love affair for anything old-fashioned ranging from music sung by Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole, styles like that in The Great Gatsby (a.k.a. the roaring 20's) and the eloquent way people used to speak. In my effort to try and add more tasteful words to my vocabulary, I've compiled a list of words I wish we used more in our day and age. 

Dapper.  Lovely.  Swell. 
Ravishing. Rubbish. Behalf.
Absurd. Squabble. Balderdash.
Dandy. Scrumptious. Proper. 
Loath. Winsome. Delightful.
Contemplate. Worthy. Fetching. 
Eminent. Palpable. Charming.
Delectable. Enchanting. Precarious

What would you add to this list?

My challenge for you; add some of these words into conversations. 
You'll sound like quite the sophisticated and worldly individual. :) 

Sincerely,





4 comments:

  1. I wished we used these words in our time as well! They are so darling!!! I followed you on bloglovin! Love your blog you take amazing pics! I couldn't find your googlefriend connect button though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they though?! There is something so elegant feeling about using those words.
      Thanks for the comment Erin! :)

      Delete
  2. I love all the words you've listed above, especially "dandy, fetching,and delectable." Also, that illustration above is so lovely!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger