Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Wanderlust

Friday, May 17, 2013


And she's back! 
Between finals, moving home from college and working, 
it's safe to say I've been off the radar for a while.
But no need to fear! I am back and itching to share whats on my mind...

Travel.
Travel.
Did I mention travel?


From New York City with my best sidekick, Meg,
 to studying abroad in Florence, Italy next spring, 
I have not been able to stop planning, reading
and dreaming about the opportunities which lie ahead.

Someone once told me I have a strong case of wanderlust. 
At the time, I knew nothing of this word or what it meant.
However, it is now one of my favorite words
and describes precisely my feelings towards travel.


Wanderlust is a vague feeling. Vague, yet entirely unmistakable.
 It begins with a twinge in the back of your mind, 
then leads to a feeling of excitement in your heart. 
A feeling like this you cannot ignore. 
It has the capacity to bring the greatest sense of longing and happiness ever felt.
The feeling of wanderlust is centered fully on the unknown and the desire to know it.
It is a yearning to explore, to learn and to see what one has never seen before. 



I leave with you, a quote to ponder over.
You may have heard it before,
but I hope it inspires you to take a risk, go somewhere new
and experience all this awe-inspiring world has to offer.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Until next time, 

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely one of my favorite travel / inspiration quotes of all times!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger