Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Confessions of a People Pleaser

Tuesday, September 23, 2014



It’s time for a confession... 

  Okay so it's not really a confession, but just something that has been on my mind today. 

I am a people pleaser. Give me a moment of discontent and I’ll jump in and fill the need as fast as I can in hopes of both harmony among those involved as well as positive feelings toward myself. 

But you know what I've learned? 

People pleasing is exhausting. Utterly exhausting. 

It's taken me a while to understand that you aren’t responsible for anyone’s happiness except your own. You aren’t responsible for always being on, always looking good, always being there when someone needs you. 

Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with making people feel good, but when you spend a majority of your time trying to accommodate everyone, you in-turn forget to accommodate yourself. And before you know it, you end up losing bits and pieces of yourself because your neglecting to do the things that make you happy.

So sometimes you just need take a day for yourself, head to your favorite coffee shop, put your headphones in and escape the world around you. 

The way I see it, there are two options. You can either spend your days worrying about other people's wants and needs, or you can bravely follow your own. If you live a passionate, honest life, it won't and shouldn't matter what other people think or want or need from you.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger