Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Paris is always a good idea

Tuesday, June 10, 2014


Croissants for breakfast, macaroons for lunch, people carrying baguettes everywhere you look, drinking wine under the Eiffel Tower in the evening… these are all things that may come to mind when you think of Paris. What I have quickly come to learn is that these are not only stereotypes, but actual reality!


 The trip from the Charles de Gaulle International Airport to the city of Paris is pretty underwhelming. As you make your way through the outskirts of the city there’s just not much to see. There are vacant lots and rundown buildings galore. I would be lying if I didn’t say that I was a little concerned. But it’s amazing how things can change in a snap. The glorious landmarks of the city of Paris began to appear in the distance. The Eiffel Tower and the Sacré-Coeur Basilica stood as welcoming beacons and my concerns eased a bit.





To get better acquainted with the city, we signed up for a bike tour and began exploring the streets and learning a little history along the way.




I distinctly remember a moment on the bike tour when Paris became alive to me. Standing tall in front of us was the magnificent Louvre. My jaw dropped and my heart raced. It was at that point it really set in. I was in Paris, one of the most celebrated cities in the entire world, and before me stood one of the world’s grandest museums.




And everything else changed as well. The sidewalks were buzzing with life. Beautiful buildings showing off their gorgeous architecture lined each street. The rush of awe and excitement that I felt is hard to capture with words. But I knew I was experiencing something special and this first taste blossomed into a love for the city that I never expected.




We spent our remaining days prancing about the major landmarks, walking the Parisian streets, getting lost, navigating the metro, spotting the Eiffel tower from afar, and taste testing all of the wine, cheese, and bread we could consume.





After 3 days in Paris, I’ve come to realize that you’ll never see it all in one visit.  Paris takes a lifetime. But that’s okay with me with me because after one visit, I definitely know I want and will be back.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger