Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

Wait...I'm here to study too?!

Friday, February 7, 2014




It’s a strange thing, to feel yourself blossoming. Blossoming isn’t really the right word, it’s much too frilly, although it does get the point across; I guess it’s more of a weird thing to feel yourself expanding, filling out the hollow bits, growing into a someone that has been patiently waiting for you to settle into it. It’s weird, but that’s how I would describe this past week.


 I have been swallowed by this city, by all the experiences and people and choices that are waiting, and that idea is so incredibly invigorating. And the thing is, it’s only been one week.


When most people think of studying abroad, I’m guessing they picture students gallivanting all over the world, but rarely do they remember that we actually take classes! I know when I pictured myself studying abroad, I thought about all the places I would see and experiences I would have. While I am doing just that, a large part of the study abroad experience is the “studying” aspect.


My classes thus far have been absolutely incredible. I’m enrolled in Digital Photography, Fashion Photography, Travel Writing, Drawing and Composition, and Italian.  All of them are so fascinating and on subjects that I am deeply interested in; it’s weird adjusting to the Italian school system but it’s good, too. I am so grateful I have the chance to take some amazing classes from Italian professors and to learn about the country that I have been exploring the past week and a half. I’m in for a very busy and fulfilling semester, and I can’t wait to see what my classes have to offer!


Preview for the next couple weeks: 
-Leaving for Rome bright and early tomorrow morning!
- Jetting off for an adventurous trip to Interlaken, Switzerland in two weeks. 
-Currently planning other trips to various parts of Italy and Spring Break in Spain! 

Stay tuned...






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger