Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

We Must Wonder

Sunday, December 29, 2013


After going a little stir-crazy, my sister and I grabbed our coats and cameras and ventured to the great outdoors. That is… our backyard.

While taking photos, Lee Ann Womack’s song, I Hope You Dance, popped into my head. I wish I knew why certain songs chose certain moments to surface in our minds. Had I heard it the other day without realizing it? Or had I breezed over it while flipping through radio channels?

I’ve never really paid close attention to the lyrics, so I looked them up. The opening line is my favorite by far.

'I hope you never lose your sense of wonder’

 
This song is about taking chances and not being afraid to try something new. It urges us to experience the wonders of the world and to be confident enough to not deny ourselves the opportunities to live.

It's about awareness. 
Small joys. 
Not taking life too seriously.
 Curiosity. Discovering new paths.
 
And having courage.


But most importantly, it tells us that we must question. We must seek. We must explore. And we must wonder.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger