Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

The Value of Class

Wednesday, November 19, 2014


Lately I've been thinking a lot about class; class in the sense of courtesy, respectability, and decency.

Class, more than any other trait, is what I treasure most in a person.

  I don't necessarily mean "class" in some sort of elite, high society sense. What I mean to say is that I value thoughtfulness. Graciousness. Politeness. 

I value the sorts of people who are caring even when no one's watching, who are honest about their own faults, who speak up for themselves when it's relevant, while maintaining respect for the person they're speaking to. 

I value people who are loyal and genuine, who selflessly build up other's successes and then humbly, accept praise in return. Those who are compassionate and considerate, people who remember to call on birthdays and random days, too, just because you crossed their mind.

I value people who realize that some occasions call for something more than a text, something more than an e-mail. Who will send a song or a quote to somebody they care about because they just know that they'll appreciate it.

I value people who can admit their mistakes and I value people who learn from them.

I value those with the heart to forgive, with the guts to hold on, with the empathy to understand another person, or even the willingness to try.

And for the record, I'm not always the person I want to be; a person with consideration and dignity and, yes, class. Sometimes I fail. But I try to do my best. And I can hold the world to a higher standard, because I do think we have it in us. And I believe we deserve nothing less.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger