Photography by Brianne Lee

Photography by Brianne Lee

My Great Escape

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Awaking this morning, I am hit with the sudden realization that my life is about to be turned upside down. In a mere 5 hours, I will be boarding a plane bound for Italy; my new home for the next four months.

I turn on Mike Dignams’ song, Great Escape, as I get ready for the day.
The lyrics echo my inner thoughts.

So I'm gonna pack my things and go,
travel the world before I'm old.
I'll send you photos in the post,
to capture the moments I love the most.

Bags packed, passport in hand, and one more goodbye said to my pets then it’s off to the airport.


 

I want to climb up mountains,
drink from natures fountain,
who knows what I'll do on my way.
                                                                                                                              

Hugs and goodbyes to loved ones are exchanged before I make my way through airport security, an obligatory stop for coffee, and finally to my terminal.


I want to be lost in transit,
Find love in a different language,
Who knows who I'll meet on my way.

 “We are now boarding passengers seated in zone 2,” a voice announces overhead.
 Butterflies erupt in my stomach as I stride down the jetway.

Seated by the window, I glance out at the familiar terrain before me; the plane begins to rev up its’ engine as it moves towards the runway.

Now I'm sure this is what I needed,
Space to roam, be completely free.

Then, there it is; the moment the wheels of the plane leave the ground. My stomach drops. I close my eyes. My journey has begun; I’m finally on my way.

This is my great escape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Studio Bri All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger